Alma swims to the surface of the canal while a passer-by also drags Don out of the submerged taxi. Paramedics and police arrive on the scene. Alma becomes hysterical and refuses to travel to hospital in the same ambulance as Don. Tricia assures Vera that she'll still be able to see Brad and she'll always think of her and Jack as her family. Alma tells the police that Don deliberately tried to murder her. The Platts and Mike are summoned to the hospital. Mike is horrified to hear that Don tried to kill Alma. When she hears what has happened, Gail's only concern is for Alma. Chris apologises for making a pass at Angie but tells her she had no right to make him feel small. He is indignant when she tells him he's sweet. Mike goes for unconscious Don in the hospital and has to restrained by Martin and a police officer. Tricia is amazed to find Terry in the Rovers bar in the early hours of the morning.
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Passer-By - Paul Walker
- WPC Berry - Rosalind Philips
- Frances Stillman - Kim Vithana
- Nurse Delaney - Niamh Daly
- Brad Armstrong - Caleb Flanagan
- Voice on answer machine - Jimmy Hibbert
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Quays
- Weatherfield General - Side ward and corridor
- Italian restaurant
- First appearance of Terry Duckworth since 26th June 1996.
- Unusually, this episode opens with repeated footage of Don Brennan driving his taxi into the canal from the closing scene of the previous episode.
- Andy Bradford was credited as the Stunt Arranger on this episode, with Stunts by Daniela Biernat, Stuart Clark and Ray De-Hann.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike receives some devastating news about Alma. Tricia gets a shock.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,810,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1997 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Sun 13th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th