|ITV transmission date||27th April 1997 (Sunday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Ann McManus|
|Previous episode||25th April 1997|
|Next episode||28th April 1997|
Vera pleads with Jack not to let anyone know that Terry tried to steal the takings. Jack agrees to say that Terry left after a row with him. Tricia apologises to Jack over the way she spoke to him over Terry and now believes all he said about him. Alec worries when he learns the new Sunliners Travel Agency hotshot Adam Newbould is going to visit. Tricia feels she made a fool of herself over Terry. Jamie tells her to forget all about other men as he can look after her. Betty is indignant when Fred complains about the chewy meat in her hotpot. She knows that he just wants her meat order but Vera tells her to improve the food. Martin hears that Don isn't going to be sectioned and has now been put in prison, charged with attempted murder. Martin doesn't think it's right because Don is mentally ill. Jack tells Ray that he doesn't blame him for thumping Terry and suggests he calls at the Rovers. Kevin assures Rita that Natalie is just his business partner. Alma worries that she'll have to give evidence against Don now that he's been charged. When Tricia assures him that she's never going to want Terry again, Ray tells her he still wants her and asks her to move in with him. Tricia feels that they can't have any future as she dropped him so quickly for Terry.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Jamie Armstrong - Joseph Gilgun (Credited as "Jamie Armstong")
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Coronation Street Garage
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Ray Thorpe's house - Living room
- Brad Armstrong (Caleb Flanagan) is credited but does not appear.
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Michael Le Vell in the role of Kevin Webster.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita has some advice for Kevin. Tricia gets a visitor.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,690,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1997 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Sun 13th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th