Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th April 1997 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Ann McManus|
|Previous episode||27th April 1997|
|Next episode||30th April 1997|
Vera breaks down when remembering how much she loved Terry as a baby. She and Jack reminisce about Terry growing up. Jack feels that he doesn't want Terry's name mentioned again in the house. Jack tells Alec that he wants to book a band on the cheap and in return he won't tell Sunliners' bosses about his theatrical sidelines. Adam Newbould inspects Sunliners and finds everything in order, apart from meeting Joyce the cleaner who Alec says is still employed. Alec is alarmed when Adam says he wants to meet all the staff, including Joyce. Deirdre is disgusted with Alec for still claiming Joyce's salary. Angie propositions Mike, telling him that a major manufacturer is interested in her lingerie designs but she'd rather have a job where she kept control. He is impressed by her manner and interested when she suggests they go into partnership. Alma tries getting into a taxi but discovers she has an emotional block and can't. Alec tells Jack that he'll set him up with a group, with no commission, if Vera will pose as Joyce. Alma breaks down, tormented by the memory of her ordeal with Don. She doesn't want counselling just to forget. Audrey tries to comfort her. Alma tells her that she's hanging on by her fingertips, waiting to fall. Angie tells Mike she needs him to start up the business but is prepared to invest all her savings. Ashley visits Don in prison. Don thanks him for standing by him and asks him to get rid of the factory keys which are still in the house. Ashley worries as he knows it will make him an accessory. Vera refuses to pose as Joyce as she thinks it's sick to impersonate a dead person. Kevin doesn't like it when Natalie cools towards him. He tells her that he enjoyed having a drink with her. Tricia admits to Judy that she feels bad now she's let Ray go out of her life. Judy tells her to swallow her pride and get him back. Alma tells Mike she wants them to make a fresh start abroad. Don tells the Police that it was Ashley who started the fire at the factory and that he still has the keys.
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Coronation Street Garage
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Unnamed restaurant
- Strangeways Jail - Visiting room, corridor and interview room
- TV Times synopsis: Ashley visits Don. Alec gets himself into trouble at Sunliners.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,450,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1997 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Sun 13th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th