Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th December 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||9th December 1964|
|Next episode||16th December 1964|
Ken refuses to touch the money and gets Albert to keep counting it to make sure it's all there. The costumes arrive for the panto. Emily tries hers on at Gamma Garments and is embarrassed when Swindley returns. Billy gets a new job in London. Ken tells Piggott to take the money back but Piggott offers another £100 after the exams. He refuses to accept Ken's morals. Ken follows him to the Rovers and returns the money publicly.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- First appearance of Leonard Swindley since 15th July 1964 as Arthur Lowe had taken a break from the programme to appear in a season of plays at the Royal Court Theatre: John Osborne's Inadmissable Evidence and Ben Travers' A Cuckoo in the Nest.
- TV Times synopsis: An old friend returns to Gamma Garments
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,350,000 homes (joint 1st place with 16th December 1964).
|December 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|