|ITV transmission date||18th May 1997 (Sunday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Ann McManus|
|Previous episode||16th May 1997|
|Next episode||19th May 1997|
Curly is concerned to find Maureen crying in the shop. He takes her into the back room to comfort her. Samantha enjoys staying at the Rovers and running things. Judy gets annoyed by the way she bosses her around. Ida and Janice Battersby apply for jobs at Mike's new factory. Angie employs them, telling them that she's no pushover. Maureen panics when Bill calls at the shop as she fears he'll see Curly. She is forced to shut the shop up and put the alarm on as he takes her to Blackpool for the day. Curly is horrified as he's locked in. Judy threatens to walk out if Samantha doesn't start treating her with respect. Samantha is hurt when Judy accuses her of spending all her time chatting the male customers up. Rita calls on Natalie and warns her off Kevin. Natalie sees her off, saying that it's nothing to do with her if she is sleeping with Kevin. Curly passes the time by playing chess with alcohol items from stock and drinking the contents of the bottles. Kevin is startled when Natalie tells him that Rita has warned her off. He is pleased she denied their affair.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alan McKenna - Glenn Hugill
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- The Kabin
- Natalie Horrocks' house - Living room
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Petrol station
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 5th February 1997.
- This was the first episode to credit Janice Battersby under her married name after three previous appearances as "Janice Lee", her maiden name.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita decides enough is enough and confronts Natalie. Bill whisks Maureen off for a night of passion - and Curly suffers the consequences.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,920,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|May 1997 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th