|ITV transmission date||3rd May 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||1st May 1961|
|Next episode||8th May 1961|
Frank tells Ken that he knew about the affair as Alf saw them together and then told him. He tells Ken that he once had an affair with an older woman. Alice thinks Harry should leave the Street - it's full of savages. Ena moves out of Martha's house and back to the Vestry, giving Swindley her moving bill. Dr. Graham tells Elsie she needs a husband - she's too lively. Lucille fails to return home from school.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Alice Burgess - Avis Bunnage
- Dr. Graham - Fulton Mackay
- George Abbott - Lane Meddick
- Ernie Ashcroft - David Bell
- Although Westward Television was launched on Saturday 29th April, 1961, the station initially opted out of transmitting Coronation Street only joining the programme with Episode 48 on 29th May. The show was therefore not fully networked for the interim four-week period.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,665,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|May 1961 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st