Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th June 1997 (Sunday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon|
Brian B. Thompson
|Previous episode||27th June 1997|
|Next episode||30th June 1997|
Sally realises Kevin is having an affair and rows with Bill for keeping the truth from her. Kevin asks Natalie to go away with him for a weekend. He tells her that he wants to spoil her. Sally leaves the girls with Deirdre and drives to Natalie's house, interrupting Kevin and Natalie's lovemaking. Kevin is horrified when Sally bursts into the house and slaps his face. Sally refuses to listen to Kevin's excuses and Natalie urges him to leave her alone. She is upset when Kevin rushes after Sally. Kevin tries to explain to Sally, saying he was lonely. She tells him that he's pathetic. He fights back, accusing her of ignoring him and getting bogged down with the children and housework. She is disgusted when he tells her that he took Natalie into their bed. He assures her that he loves her and begs forgiveness but she tells him she can't bear to see him and wants him to leave. She is dismayed to learn Rita knew about the affair and didn't tell her. She throws him out and breaks down.
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Sophie Webster - Emma Woodward
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Coronation Street exterior
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Natalie Horrocks' house - Living room, hallway and bedroom
- Unknown roads in Weatherfield
- As with the other episodes shown during this week, almost all of the episode was shot on location or the outdoor set. The only conventionally-shot studio scenes were set in 13 Coronation Street and Deirdre Rachid's flat.
- TV Times synopsis: Sally’s worst fears are confirmed. It's time to get at the truth about Kevin and Natalie.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,920,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|June 1997 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th