Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th December 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Writer||Harry Driver and Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||23rd December 1964|
|Next episode||30th December 1964|
Stan likes the idea of Irma going out with the wealthy David. Ken feels that David could do better than Irma. Charlie is sacked from the club. Irma's Godfather, Bernie Sparks, turns up and tells Stan about his successful waste-paper business. Hilda invites David for tea. Annie lends her her Crown Derby tea set. Bernie offers Stan a job, driving a waste-paper van for £12 a week. Stan refuses the job and plans to start his own waste-paper business with Charlie and Albert. Whilst washing-up, Stan breaks one of Annie's plates. David and Irma are amused by the Ogdens' idea of courtship.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- TV Times synopsis: In which Hilda looks into the future and Stan peeps through a keyhole
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,100,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|