Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st August 1997 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon|
|Previous episode||30th July 1997|
|Next episode||3rd August 1997|
Jim warns Alan to stay away from Steve; he's going straight now. Kevin is furious to receive a letter from Sally's solicitor saying that if they can't decide on maintenance she'll apply to the courts. Ken is upset that Daniel doesn't want to be with him and that he thinks Brian Dunkley is his real father. He feels like a stranger and knows that he's lost him. He breaks down as he feels he needs Daniel now that he has nothing else to live for. Ken takes him back to Scotland. Mike stops the workers bringing bags onto the factory floor as he knows they're stealing the goods. Fiona asks Jim not to cause trouble for her and Alan. He tells her that he doesn't believe she wants to leave Weatherfield because of Steve, but because of him. She tells him she just wants an easy life. Fred is outraged when Maureen tells him Maud thinks that he's after her shop. Kevin promises Sally a fight if she insists on hiring solicitors. Des takes Samantha out to the pictures and is embarrassed afterwards when he takes her back to No.6 thinking Angie will be there, only to find she isn't. Samantha doesn't mind as she enjoys his company. Kevin asks Natalie to help him cook the books so it looks as if they're earning less than they are so Sally can't have so much. Natalie refuses to help and advises Kevin to treat Sally fairly. Chris tells Angie that he hates the way Des is always leering at her. Angie tells him to grow up. Samantha kisses Des and is surprised when he pulls away, saying he knows it's not what she really wants. She acknowledges she has a problem. Jim tells Fiona he thinks that she's only clinging to Alan because she's scared of the truth. She is stunned when he asks her to marry him instead.
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Alan McKenna - Glenn Hugill
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Daniel Osbourne - Lewis Harney
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Underworld - Factory floor and office
- Natalie Horrocks' house - Kitchen and bedroom
- Final appearance of Lewis Harney in the role of Daniel Osbourne. When the character returned on 7th May 2007 he was played by Dominic Holmes.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim shocks Fiona with a startling question. Ken makes a momentous decision.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,370,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|August 1997 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st