Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th August 1997 (Sunday)|
|Story editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon|
|Previous episode||8th August 1997|
|Next episode||11th August 1997|
Les finds the Lada needs more work than he thought. Samantha stalls on seeing her parents. Des urges her to face the past. Jim is delighted when Steve takes Rachel Forbes out but Steve isn't that keen on her as he still loves Fiona. Samantha is touched that Des cares so much and agrees to let him take her home. Gary tells Judy that Zoe should stay around for a while after the birth or the authorities will be on to them. Des drives Samantha to Hale. She becomes courageous and decides to call on Ian Phillips and confront him over what he did to her. She calls and is upset to discover he died a year ago. Maxine goes with Fiona to choose a wedding dress. Fiona gets excited trying them on. Steve tells Rachel that he was married but his wife spent beyond their means and he was left to start again. She feels sorry for him. Samantha faces her parents and tells Des she doesn't know when she'll return to Weatherfield. She thanks him for helping her face the past.
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Zoe Tattersall - Joanne Froggatt
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Unnamed Bridal wear shop
- Unknown roads in Hale
- TV Times synopsis: Sam solves some problems from the past, Gary puts his foot down about Zoe’s baby, and Maxine helps Fiona choose the best dress for her big day.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,880,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|August 1997 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st