|ITV transmission date||12th November 1997 (Wednesday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||10th November 1997|
|Next episode||14th November 1997|
Steve and Andy are furious that Jim didn't have the guts to tell Liz about him and Fiona and that she had to hear it from Alan. Andy tells Jim that he disgusts him for kicking Liz when she's down. Liz calls Fiona a slut for leading on both Jim and Steve. When the estate agent sends a buyer, Mr Stowe, round to view the Corner Shop, Fred introduces himself as the owner's husband and shows him around in Maud's absence, pointing out all its shortcomings and scaring the buyer off. Steve tells Jim that he is going to dissolve the partnership as he doesn't want to work with him anymore. Liz breaks down in the Rovers and tells everyone that Jim slept with Fiona and then used her. She tells Jim that she hopes he rots in hell. Andy tells Fiona he's ashamed of his family and apologises to her for them. He tells her that she's a great girl and deserves some happiness. Leanne and Nick discover Fred has forgotten to lock the door at No.4. They go in and realise they could use the empty house as a love nest. Andy packs his bags and leaves the Street and Weatherfield, determined to forget all about his family and make a new life in Barcelona. Jon is surprised when Deirdre asks him to marry her.
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- 170 Park Street - Living room
- Last appearance of Andy McDonald until 26th November 2000.
- TV Times synopsis: Andy McDonald packs his bags and leaves the Street, and Deirdre has a surprise for Jon.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,720,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|November 1997 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th