|ITV transmission date||8th May 1961 (Monday)|
|Previous episode||3rd May 1961|
|Next episode||10th May 1961|
Harry finds Lucille having her tea with Florrie, causing Alice to row with her. Christine encourages Jean to rebel against her parents by staying to the end of a work's dance. The picnic committee - Jack, Annie, Ena and Harry decide the picnic shall take place in Blackpool. Lucille makes Alice a spill box. Alice tells Harry she's got another housekeeping job and is leaving. He is disgusted with her, as Lucille will have to return to the orphanage.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Although Westward Television was launched on Saturday 29th April, 1961, the station initially opted out of transmitting Coronation Street only joining the programme with Episode 48 on 29th May. The show was therefore not fully networked for the interim four-week period.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,886,000 homes (joint 8th place with Episode 43).
|May 1961 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st