Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th January 1998 (Friday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||28th January 1998|
|Next episode||1st February 1998|
Nick and Leanne feel guilty as they leave for Scotland, telling their families they're going to Leeds for the day. Vera decides to wear Alec down by singing from the landing but all he does is turn the jukebox up to drown her voice. Nick and Leanne have to drag strangers off the street to be their witnesses. Alma grows tired of Hayley following her around everywhere but feels guilty as Hayley has no other friends. Fed up with being stuck on the landing, Vera phones the fire brigade and is lifted from the bedroom window in a ladder. Nick and Leanne exchange vows and are married in Gretna Green. Vera gives Jim and Gary their cheque and they replace the staircase. Nick and Leanne agree to keep their marriage a secret until Gail gets to like Leanne. They return to Weatherfield and go to their separate houses.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Roy's Rolls
- Firman's Freezers - Shop floor and manager's office
- The Saltire Hotel, Gretna Green
- Registry office
- Dorothy Anne Ford was credited as Vera Duckworth's Stunt Double on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Nick and Leanne return to the Street with a secret. Alma has a new friend.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,340,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|January 1998 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th