|ITV transmission date||27th February 1998 (Friday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||25th February 1998|
|Next episode||1st March 1998|
Fiona is annoyed by the way Pam doesn't blame Alan for not wanting anything to do with her. She tells Pam to stay out of her life in future. Eric tells Curly that he should be marketed as the voice of Firman's, as Alma is the face. Spider makes a row at Firman's by accusing Curly of supporting whale-hunting by selling Norwegian prawns. He threatens action unless Curly stops selling them. Roy invites Hayley for a meal but decides to entertain her in the cafe rather than his flat, for fear she'll think he's rushing her. Samantha is relieved when Des goes away on business as she feels she needs some space. When Chris calls round to pick up some books he'd left behind, she invites him to stay for a drink. Steve encourages Fiona, telling her she's got a brilliant future and is better off without Alan. Samantha admits to Chris that she doesn't think she and Des have a long future together. She opens up her heart to him over a bottle of wine and they kiss. Roy is shocked when Hayley tells him that much as she likes him they can't have a physical relationship as she's a transsexual.
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Morgan Middleton - Connor Chatburn
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 6 Coronation Street - Living room
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Roy's Rolls
- Firman's Freezers - Shop floor and manager's office
- Sean Wilson (Martin Platt) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Spider’s out for revenge, and Hayley gives Roy the shock of his life.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,210,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|February 1998 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th
Sun 15th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th