Mike tells Alma that she's being ridiculous if she seriously thinks he's having an affair with Deirdre; he just feels sorry for her. Ken is amazed to discover Mike paid £10,000 for Deirdre's defence. Angie tells Mike that a London firm, Jarvis Rousseau Associates, want her to work with them and she wants to dissolve their partnership. Warder Maggie Veitch lets Deirdre believe her appeal is going to be heard and takes her off to the outside door before telling her to realise she is guilty and isn't going to be released; she's a criminal like the rest of the girls and must stop saying she's innocent. When Greg shows him an old photograph of his mother, Les realises that he really is his son. Greg explains he just wants to get to know him. Les likes the idea of having a son, especially a wealthy one. Alma demands that Mike chooses between helping Deirdre and their marriage. She is furious when he feels he can't decide between them.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Jackie Dobbs - Margi Clarke
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Underworld - Office
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Redford Prison - Stairway, corridors and cell
- This was the 453rd and final episode by long-term (and the programme's second-most prolific) scriptwriter Adele Rose.
- TV Times synopsis: An exciting offer for Angie spells trouble for Mike. Will Les accept Greg’s story?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,860,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1998 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th