Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th April 1998 (Wednesday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||13th April 1998|
|Next episode||17th April 1998|
Zoe lets Judy mind Shannon whilst she lounges about. Jack goes to the doctors, a new young woman - Dr Jones - and has a complete check-up. Fiona asks Steve to make things up with Jim as their battling gets her down. Alma realises that she would rather Deirdre stayed in prison so that Mike is kept away from her. Dr Jones tells Jack that his arteries are hardening, his lungs are in a terrible state and he is overweight. She warns him that unless he changes his lifestyle and stops smoking he could lose his legs. Leanne is fed up when Nick is troubled but won't tell her why. Greg tries to spend time with Maxine but Les keeps interrupting them. Vera is upset to hear that Jack is seriously ill and vows to make him change his lifestyle. Mike is shaken when Alma warns him that when she's released Deirdre will not be living with them as it will kill what's left of their marriage. Maggie Veitch gets at Deirdre, hating her for thinking she's someone special. When she starts insulting Samir's memory, Deirdre goes for her and has to be pulled off by Jackie, who warns her that she'll get another six months for attacking a warder. For a favour, Jackie hits Veitch on Deirdre's behalf. Jack agrees to give up smoking when Alec bets him £50 he can't do it.
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Jackie Dobbs - Margi Clarke
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Morgan Middleton - Connor Chatburn
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Zoe Tattersall - Joanne Froggatt
- Shannon Tattersall - Lucy Whipday
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Roy's Rolls
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Redford Prison - Corridor, canteen and cell
- Dr Jones's surgery
- This episode was broadcast at 7.00pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football.
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre is driven to the brink, and there's bad news for Jack at the doctor's.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,740,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1998 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th