|ITV transmission date||29th April 1998 (Wednesday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||27th April 1998|
|Next episode||1st May 1998|
Gary tells Ashley about Zoe hitting Emily - says he's got to do something about her behaviour - Martin suggests counselling. Jack visits Magenta Savannah the hypnotherapist, but instead of going into a trance, he leads her a merry dance, pretending to regress into a past life as an Eighteenth Century rake - "Lusty Jack". Liz and Steve find Jim's house a mess. Liz is puzzled - Gary doesn't know how the accident happened, Steve is certain Jim fell but didn't see anything - saying that it seems the only person who knows is Jim.
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Zoe Tattersall - Joanne Froggatt
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Intensive Care Unit
- Magenta Savannah's house - Living room
- Emily Bishop (Eileen Derbyshire) and Rita Sullivan (Barbara Knox) are credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Jack’s session with the hypnotherapist has unexpected results. A despairing Ashley seeks Martin’s advice on Zoe.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,480,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1998 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th