|ITV transmission date||10th May 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||8th May 1961|
|Next episode||15th May 1961|
David has his debut match on the first team. Esther advises Christine to stay clear of Jean's problems. Harry, Albert, and Frank go to watch David. Jean runs away from home, Christine tells her she can stay at No.13. David is rushed to hospital during the game.
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Although Westward Television was launched on Saturday 29th April, 1961, the station initially opted out of transmitting Coronation Street only joining the programme with Episode 48 on 29th May. The show was therefore not fully networked for the interim four-week period.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,886,000 homes (joint 8th place with Episode 42).
|May 1961 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st