Val tells Ken she won't be coming to the staff dinner as she'd feel uncomfortable. He refuses to listen. Val starts to close down the salon, planning to sell all the equipment. Emily has her first professional driving lesson and hurts her leg when trying to avoid another car. George Dickinson looks for Jerry, wanting to know if he's going to return to Myra. Ken goes to the staff dinner alone.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- TV Times synopsis: In which Len deals with a truculent visitor
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,450,000 homes (joint 1st place with 3rd March 1965).
Ena Sharples: "When I was a little lass, the world was half a dozen streets, an' a bit o' waste land, an' the rest was all talk".
|March 1965 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st