|ITV transmission date||19th June 1998 (Friday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||17th June 1998|
|Next episode||21st June 1998|
Sally is put out when Kevin gets the girls excited about going to Florida before she's agreed the idea. Des tells Natalie that now they are lovers he still wants them to be friends. Natalie accuses Zoe of wrecking the Malletts' marriage, telling her that Gary has left Judy. Sally is annoyed when she discovers Kevin has asked Mike to give her time off for the holiday. She is taken aback when he says that he's booked the holiday for next week. Maxine asks Fred to rent her the flat over the Corner Shop. He tells her that he'll think about it. Leanne visits Darren Whateley in prison and is upset when he tells her that she and Nick are evil. She makes him believe she never wanted to send him back to prison. He tells her that she can get him out by telling the police about the letters they wrote him. Zoe is upset that Gary has left Judy. Judy tells her that she's discovered she's having twins and Gary doesn't know. Maxine tells Greg about the flat and how ideal it would be for them. Fred kicks the camper van and the whole thing falls off its bricks and onto the cobbles, blocking the Street. Nick tells Leanne they're not telling the police about the letters; Darren is behind bars where he belongs.
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Zoe Tattersall - Joanne Froggatt
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sophie Webster - Emma Woodward
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Natalie Horrocks' house - Kitchen
- Strangeways Jail - Visiting room
- Last appearance of Des Barnes until 21st September 1998.
- Last appearance of Zoe Tattersall until 25th October 1998.
- Steve Tomkow was credited for the Special Effects sequence of the camper van falling over into the Street.
- TV Times synopsis: Leanne realises that Whateley's fate lies in her hands. Judy receives some amazing news.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,360,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 1998 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th