Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd June 1998 (Monday)|
|Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story editor||Jim O'Hanlon|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||21st June 1998|
|Next episode||24th June 1998|
Gary tells Judy that if she really loves him she'll have to help him as he's scared by his emotions. Roy's letter is from Hayley saying she's living in Amsterdam. Gary is upset when Judy tells him that she felt having Katie was more important than her body. He tells her that he thinks his feelings for her are dead. He tells her that she has to convince him she'd never do anything like it again. Leanne tells Nick that if he doesn't tell the police about the letters she will. He can't believe she'd shop him to the police but she is determined. He tells her that he's not helping Darren Whateley get out of prison and warns her that if she does he'll finish with her. Spider is horrified when he realises he's not on the electoral register so he can't stand in the election. Roy feels he's blown his chances with Hayley and regrets being bigoted. Gail urges him to go to Amsterdam and tell her that he loves her. Gary is stunned when Judy tells him she's carrying twins and moved when she shows him the scan. She assures him they are his children and not Paul Fisher's. Spider is delighted when Emily reveals she had him put on the electoral register. Gary tells Judy he wants to put the past behind them. They agree to try to carry on. Gail tells Nick she knows what's been going on and she wishes Darren was dead or locked up for the rest of his life but she knows that isn't going to happen. She urges him not to waste any more energy in hating him.
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Yard
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Roy's Rolls
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for World Cup coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail confronts Nick, and Roy receives a letter from an old friend.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,030,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 1998 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th