|ITV transmission date||24th June 1998 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story editor||Jim O'Hanlon|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||22nd June 1998|
|Next episode||26th June 1998|
Leanne tells Nick she won't go to the police but is worried that Darren Whateley is plotting revenge on them. Gail tells him that he has to go to the police, otherwise he's sunk to Darren's level in lying. She fears it could break him and Leanne up, admitting that she doesn't want that to happen. Steve asks Gary to work on No.11 to make it wheelchair-friendly. Vera interviews morbid Edna Miller for the barmaid's job, to Jack's horror. Audrey takes her nomination form to the Council to be told it's invalid as Gail has already signed Spider's form. She has to ask a stranger to sign the form. Gail and the Tilsleys go to the police and explain about the letters they wrote to Darren. They are grateful when Det. Inspector Grey sees their view and says he'll recommend the matter doesn't go to court. He assures them he'll make sure Darren doesn't come anywhere near any of them again. Busty Chantal Clarke is interviewed by Vera. Jack votes for her but Vera realises that she's useless. Roy books his flight to Amsterdam and has to rush about organising a passport. Audrey warns Spider that she can fight a dirty election as well as him.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mrs Miller - Joan Kempson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and yard
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield Police Station - Front desk and interview room
- Weatherfield Town Hall - Corridor
- First appearance of Edna Miller. The character was initially credited as "Mrs Miller" and did not appear again until 21st June 2000.
- Eric Potts makes a pre-Diggory Compton appearance as a Council Official.
- This episode was broadcast at 7.20pm to allow for coverage of World Cup football.
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey’s campaign almost hits the buffers. Nick comes clean to the police.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,500,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 1998 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th