Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st July 1998 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story editor||Jim O'Hanlon|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||29th June 1998|
|Next episode||3rd July 1998|
Maud annoys Jim by confronting him and accusing him of wanting people to pity him. She tells him it takes more bravery to live in a wheelchair than to be a soldier and that he should be grateful for still being alive. Alec tries to sign Sandy up for the Golden Years Agency. Roy and Hayley enjoy themselves sightseeing in Amsterdam. Emily and Ken try to convince Spider he'd be a good Councillor, shaking people up. They warn him that if he doesn't take his seat they will tell everyone he's a fraud. Maxine doesn't have any luck raising the deposit for the flat. Hayley is relieved that she's now a real woman and looks forward to living a normal life. Spider tells Emily and Ken he will take his seat if elected. They tell him he's going to have to change his appearance and take him for a haircut. Jim thanks Maud for her pep-talk. Greg advises Maxine to tell Fred she can't afford the flat, saying he'll then talk to him and get it cheaper. Alec gives Sandy his first escort assignment. Hayley is frustrated when Roy can't bring himself to declare his feelings for her.
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Various locations in Amsterdam
- Location OB recording for this episode was conducted in Amsterdam.
- TV Times synopsis: Roy and Hayley have a heart to heart, and Maud gives Jim something to think about.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,420,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Golden Anniversary DVD Collection, released by ITV Home Entertainment on 11th October 2010.
|July 1998 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st