Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd July 1998 (Friday)|
|Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story editor||Jim O'Hanlon|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||1st July 1998|
|Next episode||5th July 1998|
Hayley is sad that Roy has to return home. She questions him over his thoughts about her but he can't express himself. Spider is uncomfortable in his parted hair, suit, collar and tie. Emily organises for him to have his campaign photographs taken on the Street. After Roy has gone Hayley finds he's left her a gold watch. Greg tells Fred Maxine can't afford the flat but he can. Hayley quickily packs and rushes to the airport, telling Roy she's coming back with him. Audrey collects her professional campaign photographs and is upset as she appears so old in them. To boost her morale, Fiona and Maxine give her a beauty treatment. Sandy takes time off work to escort for Alec. Vera is annoyed when he's spotted in town when he's meant to be ill. Hayley and Roy return home but she is stopped by an Immigration Officer as her passport says she's a man. Vera realises Sandy is acting as an escort for Alec and sacks him.
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Manchester Airport - Passport Control
- Various locations in Amsterdam, including Schiphol Airport
- Location OB recording for this episode was conducted in Amsterdam.
- This episode was broadcast at 7.15pm to allow for coverage of World Cup football.
- TV Times synopsis: Hayley makes a bold decision. Maxine and Greg get their wires crossed.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,330,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|July 1998 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st