Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th August 1998 (Wednesday)|
|Story/Script editor||Ann McManus|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Previous episode||3rd August 1998|
|Next episode||7th August 1998|
Alec insists on Rita seeing a doctor as she keeps forgetting how ill she is. The doctor says it's the after-effects of the poisoning and says she's stuck with it until it slowly clears. Alec assures the doctor he'll look after her. She refuses to give up The Kabin. Spider and Lorraine decide to throw a party whilst Emily's away. He is stung when Toyah ignores him. Spider tells Toyah that he values her friendship but she feels she's been sidelined. Fred encourages Audrey to get the Council to make the world's longest sausage for the Millennium. He is staggered to discover the record is already twenty-eight miles. Vera fears Alec is hatching a plot with Rita to oust the Duckworths from the Rovers. Audrey enjoys Fred's attention and goes to dinner with him. Alf is furious when he hears about it. Rita absentmindedly leaves The Kabin keys in the lock.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Lorraine Brownlow - Holly Newman
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Natalie Horrocks - Denise Welch
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Front room and yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room
- Roy's Rolls
- Firman's Freezers - Manager's office
- Doctor's surgery - Consultation room
- TV Times synopsis: Rita makes a terrible mistake. With Aunty Emily away, Spider makes plans for the house.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,250,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
Audrey Roberts: "... And the women councillors - honestly, Fred. I don't think I'm on the same planet as them. Do you know, if I was to mention Giorgio Armani, they'd think he was a communist hero!"
Fred Elliott: "Aye, well... not everybody's into football are they?"
|August 1998 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st