|ITV transmission date||15th May 1961 (Monday)|
|Previous episode||10th May 1961|
|Next episode||17th May 1961|
David has a broken ankle. Frank tells Ida about Marian - she is distraught. Harry and Concepta hold the fort at the Rovers when the Walkers go off to a ball. Ida thinks Marian wants Ken because she can't get another man. Concepta agrees to go on the picnic with Harry. The Walkers return to the Rovers to discover there's been a break-in.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- This episode carries no director credit, either on-screen or in TV Times.
- Although Westward Television was launched on Saturday 29th April, 1961, the station initially opted out of transmitting Coronation Street only joining the programme with Episode 48 on 29th May. The show was therefore not fully networked for the interim four-week period.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine for this episode.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,000,000 homes (joint 7th place with Episode 45).
|May 1961 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st