|ITV transmission date||5th April 1965 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Previous episode||31st March 1965|
|Next episode||7th April 1965|
The residents gossip about the newspaper report about Swindley. Len takes Val to hospital in his van. Ken feels completely useless as he waits for news and Albert is on his nerves. Ken goes to visit the hospital and finds that Val is in the labour ward. The residents ask Ken to wait for news with them in the Rovers. Jerry worries about his future. Len gets a contract from Arnold Jenkinson to do a conversion job for one of his supermarkets. Ken discovers from Stan that if the twins are born before midnight he'll get tax relief on them. Willie Piggott is fined £150 for bribing Ken. The regulars have a whip-round for the twins. Val gives birth to a girl and a boy, 5lbs, 3oz and 5lbs 11oz respectively. The Walkers break open the champagne for everyone to celebrate the birth of the first-ever set of twins on the Street. Piggott offers his congratulations to Ken and makes Len a business offer.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- Hospital - Maternity ward
- First uncredited appearance of Peter and Susan Barlow.
- From dialogue in the episode, Irma Ogden's date of birth is inferred as being in the summer of 1945 though it was later established as being 28th September 1946.
- The filmed shot of the twins in the hospital shows date of their birth of the card above the cot as 4th April 1965 although it was later established as being one day later.
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Ena Sharples (Violet Carson), Minnie Caldwell (Margot Bryant), Miss Nugent (Eileen Derbyshire), Florrie Lindley (Betty Alberge), Lucille Hewitt (Jennifer Moss) and Charlie Moffitt).
- TV Times synopsis: In which a tired stork flies over the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,640,000 homes (1st place)
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|April 1965 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|