Tony and Des are taken to hospital - Natalie will never forgive Tony for all the trouble he's caused. Alec and Rita spend a pleasant evening together. Next day Martin tells Natalie that Des is over the worst and the police want statements from her and Tony. Roy and Hayley practice their Spanish. Judy meets Ruth for the first time and tells Ashley her reservations about the woman. Des suffers a severe setback. He has a massive heart attack and dies with Natalie at his side.
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Tony Horrocks - Lee Warburton
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Lorraine Brownlow - Holly Newman
- Zoe Tattersall - Joanne Froggatt
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General - A & E department, Intensive Care Unit and waiting room
- Final appearance of Philip Middlemiss as Des Barnes.
- TV Times synopsis: Des battles bravely to pull back from the brink, and Judy is disturbed when Zoe and Ruth try to recruit her to the cause.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,300,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|November 1998 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th