Len plans to spend some time in Nottingham with Jerry running the Builder's Yard. The residents buy the Barlows a pram set. Val returns, with Peter and Susan still in hospital putting on weight. Willie Piggott shows Len the houses. Len tells him that he'll decide before he goes to Nottingham. Piggott tells Elsie he's sure Len will go in with him as Len has nothing going for him in Weatherfield. Len thinks of offering Jerry a partnership when he gets back from Nottingham. Piggott is angry with the news that Len won't be working with him.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- TV Times synopsis: In which Len is impressed; and Elsie hears a home truth
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,790,000 homes (2nd place)
Annie Walker: "One does get rather tired of the dreary landscape. The desert of bricks and cobbled streets. Blackened chimneys piercing the sultry sky like jagged teeth".
Valerie Barlow: "Sometimes I do feel that I'd like to look out of the window, and see a tree instead of a wall. Collect washing off a line that wasn't soiled with dirt and soot. Maybe have a garden instead of a window box. But how much sympathy and feeling can you get out of a houseful of mod-cons when you're feeling low and depressed and can't cope?"
|April 1965 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|