|ITV transmission date||1st January 1999 (Friday)|
|Script editor||Pamela Woods|
|Story editor||David Lane|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||30th December 1998|
|Next episode||3rd January 1999|
Greg attacks Sally but she manages to escape him and reach the front door. Nick sees them struggling and rushes to Sally's aid. He fights Greg off. Leanne hears about the fight and is reconciled with Nick over her concern for his injuries. Rita comforts terrified Sally and tells her that she must report him to the police. Greg packs and leaves the Street after stealing all the cash he can find at No.5. Natalie admits to Lorraine that one of the reasons she bought the Rovers was to remind herself of Des all the time. Underworld factory girl, Alison Wakefield finds Kevin attractive. She has too much to drink and introduces herself to him. He is flattered by her interest and kisses her on the stroke of midnight. The Duckworths are upset to find their ruined clothes dumped in the back yard. As the residents see in the New Year, Audrey tries to wake up Alf who has apparently fallen asleep in the living room during the Platts' party. When he doesn't respond Martin checks him over and has to tell Audrey that Alf has died.
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Lorraine Brownlow - Holly Newman
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jackie Dobbs - Margi Clarke
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Alison Wakefield - Naomi Radcliffe
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Mallett Twin 1 - Lewis Ablett (Credited as "Lewis Ablatt")
- Mallett Twin 2 - Megan Foster
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room and stairway
- Final appearance of Bryan Mosley as Alf Roberts.
- Last appearance of Greg Kelly until 3rd May 1999.
- Andy Bradford was credited as the Fight Arranger on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: With the New Year celebrations in full flow, Alf passes away unnoticed. Nick rescues Sally from Greg’s clutches.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,280,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|January 1999 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st