Roy can't dance and worries about letting Hayley down at her disco. Audrey discovers that Alf's pension died with him as he made no provision for her. She feels she couldn't have meant much to him. Natalie goes to court to see the killers and gets upset when Colin shouts at her about Tony. He apologises when she tells him she shopped Tony to the police. Jack asks Mike to put in a good word for him and Vera at the golf club. Mike is amused to think of them as club stewards. Natalie sees that Colin genuinely mourns Des and realises that they both need to talk about Des. They go out to a pub together and discuss how their lives have changed since Des' death. She insists he stays at the Rovers as he drinks too much to drive home. Martin asks Audrey to use her influence to get Walter Byford and his sister placed in the same home. Roy sneaks out behind Hayley's back to keep a secret appointment. Natalie cries when she misses Des holding her. Colin comforts her and they end up kissing.
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Sophie Webster - Emma Woodward
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and yard
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Roy's Rolls
- Court - Foyer and staiway
- Bexley Square, Salford
- The Oxford - Public
- TV Times synopsis: After an emotional day at court, Natalie does something she will regret. Kevin faces up to the possibility of losing his daughters.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,520,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
Eunice Gee (discussing a golfer): "He had a very small handicap."
Vera Duckworth: "He did?"
Eunice Gee: "Oh, he was always going on about it."
Vera Duckworth: "You'd think he'd keep quiet about it, wouldn't yer?"
|February 1999 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th