|ITV transmission date||10th February 1999 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Pamela Woods|
|Story editor||David Lane|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Executive Producer|| Carolyn Reynolds|
|Producer|| David Hanson|
|Previous episode||8th February 1999|
|Next episode||12th February 1999|
Ravi supervises the opening of the shop and clashes with Nita over how it should be run. Vik isn't keen on working under Nita. Maxine is impressed by Vikram and fancies him. Hayley tells Roy that she saw him with a woman and demands to know who she was. He explains he's having dancing lessons. She is relieved. Ravi tells Nita he's proud of her. Ken invites Deirdre to a meal to discuss Tracy. Janice tells Hayley that she shouldn't believe Roy as he's probably making excuses. Hayley demands that he shows her his dancing but he feels he can't. Fred tells Audrey that he's warned Gerald Lickley, his fellow Square Dealer, that someone wants his place inspected and he should do something about it.
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alison Wakefield - Naomi Radcliffe
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Nita Desai - Rebecca Sarker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Jackie Dobbs - Margi Clarke
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Roy's Rolls
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Due to the death of Bryan Mosley the day before this episode was transmitted, the credits at the end were amended; after the writer and director credits, a photograph of the actor was shown with the caption Bryan Mosley 1931 - 1999.
- Due to the illness of Maggie Jones a scene where Blanche cooks Deirdre a meal and then invites Ken and leaves them together was changed.
- Roy Cropper (David Neilson) is credited twice in error.
- TV Times synopsis: Roy comes clean, but will Hayley believe him? A new era dawns at the corner shop.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,150,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1999 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th