Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd July 1999 (Friday)|
|Script editor||Pamela Woods|
|Story editor||David Lane|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||30th June 1999|
|Next episode||4th July 1999|
Les accuses Janice of making a fool of him and tells her that Owen Williams was mad if he fancied her. Toyah tells him that Janice should have run off with Owen because at least he cared for her. Les begins to worry that Janice might run off with Owen. Owen lays in wait for Janice and tells her that his feelings haven't changed. He tells her that she's frightened because she knows he can offer her more than Les can. Ashley is furious when Fred accuses Maxine of being after his money. He tells Fred to stay away from them if he can't be happy for them. Fred tells them he's selling No.4 so they can't live there. Janice gets rid of Owen by telling him that she thinks he's a joke and she doesn't like him. She threatens to contact the police if he keeps pestering her. Leanne has a miserable eighteenth birthday and receives a letter from Nick asking for a divorce. Les tells Janice he forgives her. Sally has her hands full with Rosie on the market all day. Maxine introduces Ashley to her parents, Derek and Doreen Heavey. They approve of him but talk ill of Maxine's old boyfriend who dumped her for another girl, unaware that it was him. Maud advises Fred to give Ashley and Maxine his blessing, or face losing his son. Hayley is horrified to see Linda kissing Mike. Linda sees her watching them.
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Doreen Heavey - Prunella Gee
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Alison Wakefield - Naomi Radcliffe
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver (Uncredited)
- Owen Williams - Richard Harrington (Credited as "Richard Harington")
- Derek Heavey - Richard Albrecht
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Underworld - Factory floor and office
- Roy's Rolls
- 2 Douglas Road - Living room
- First appearance of Doreen Heavey.
- TV Times synopsis: Hayley catches Mike and Linda red-handed, and Leanne gets a shock through the post.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,780,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1999 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th