Albert tells Minnie he's found Charlie and delegates the task of fetching him to Len and Stan. Ken admits to David that he'd rather the twins weren't christened until they're old enough to decide for themselves. Ken and David's old christening shawl is delivered to No.11 by mistake after being sent by Frank. Val refuses to use it so Ken returns it to Elsie for her to "just miss them" so as not to offend Frank. Florrie refuses to keep Ena informed about the shop; she doesn't owe her anything. She's keen to leave the area but Ena believes she'll be desperate to come back within a week. Peter and Susan are christened at St. Mary's Church. The Godparents are: Peter's - David, Albert and Val. Susan's - David, Emily and Val. The Lindleys are vaccinated. Hilda scrapes together £20 to repay Charlie. Frank sets off home from the church while the residents join Ken and Val for sandwiches and drinks at No.9. Emily continues to lead Len on about the holiday before admitting that she's been pulling his leg. Norman asks Dennis to pass on his regards to Elsie. Sid Lambert, chairman of Weatherfield Athletic, calls the Rovers asking for David. Charlie bombs at The Red Lion. Len and Stan bring him home. Hilda puts the £20 in an envelope and pushes it through Minnie's letterbox.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Norman Lindley - Glyn Owen
- Pianist - Derek Hilton
- Paddy - Maurice Good
- Ray Butler MC - Allan O'Keefe
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- The Red Lion
- The children playing Peter and Susan Barlow are uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: In which the twins are born again; and Charlie dies the death
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,670,000 homes (1st place).
Florrie Lindley: "Bowin' and scrapin' to people who's come in wi' no manners. Comin' in as though though they own the place, treatin' ye' like muck."
|May 1965 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|