|ITV transmission date||31st May 1965 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Previous episode||26th May 1965|
|Next episode||2nd June 1965|
Charlie returns the money to his boss. The Lindleys grow desperate to sell the shop. Hilda appears much happier. Ena and Minnie watch as the militaristic Lionel Petty views the shop. They realise he is Sandra's father. She tells them she saw the shop advertised and persuaded Lionel to look at it, planning to capture Dennis. Swindley plans to leave the area and Emily is made supervisor at the Mission of Glad Tidings. David is offered a two-year contract as player-coach with Weatherfield Athletics on £35 a week. He takes the post. Swindley says his goodbyes and leaves. Sandra tells Dennis she idolises him and knows that he will grow to love her. She tells him that she's going to marry him and doesn't care how long it takes.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- First appearance of Lionel Petty.
- First appearance of Sandra Petty since 4th November 1964.
- Although Leonard Swindley is mentioned as leaving the area, Arthur Lowe does not appear in the episode. His final appearance in Coronation Street was therefore in Episode 449 (31st March 1965). This part of the storyline was a precursor to the character's appearance two days later in the first episode of the spin-off comedy series Pardon the Expression.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Charlie lands on his feet and Dennis gets in up to his neck
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,260,000 homes (1st place).
|May 1965 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|