Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd June 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Previous episode||31st May 1965|
|Next episode||7th June 1965|
Lionel gets to know the shop, doing everything in army-fashion. David signs up with the Athletic's club. Florrie finds it hard to leave everything behind to make a new start. Dennis is horrified when Lionel likes him. Florrie gives Emily her favourite vase. Lionel puts Irma on three months' trial. The residents wave the Lindleys on their way as they leave for Canada. An advert in the paper searches for Ena, asking her to contact a firm of solicitors.
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- Final appearance of Betty Alberge as Florrie Lindley.
- At 7.00pm, immediately prior to this episode, the first episode of the comedy spin-off Pardon the Expression with Arthur Lowe as Leonard Swindley was transmitted in most ITV regions.
- TV Times synopsis: The St., Ave. and Vale
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,840,000 homes (2nd place).
|June 1965 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|