|ITV transmission date||11th October 1999 (Monday)|
|Script editor||Pamela Woods|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Di Burrows|
|Designer|| Julian Perkins|
|Previous episode||10th October 1999|
|Next episode||13th October 1999|
Tom moves his stuff into the salon flat. Deirdre challenges Mike about him wanting the £10,000 repaid. He tells her that he needs the money and can't afford to wait for her to save up and repay him. He needs it immediately. Ian questions Sharon as to why she doesn't sell fireworks, making Sharon realise she's stupid not to. Hayley befriends new machinist Gwen Loveday who tells her how much she misses being an army wife, having recently split from husband Laurie. Audrey questions Tom about his mother's death and is reminded that she never experienced Stephen Reid growing up. Toyah fills No.3 with candles to seduce Spider. Whilst they bathe together a candle falls over and sets the curtains on fire. They manage to put out the blaze but the back room is gutted.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor (See note below)
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Gwen Loveday - Annie Hulley
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Tom Ferguson - Tom Wisdom
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Underworld - Factory floor and office
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- First appearance of Gwen Loveday.
- In a mistake in the credits, Julie Hesmondhalgh is stated to have played Toyah Battersby as well as her own role of Hayley Cropper.
- Andrew Whyment makes a pre-Kirk Sutherland appearance as Wayne, a boy trying to buy fireworks in The Kabin.
- TV Times synopsis: Toyah and Spider causes chaos at Emily’s. Deirdre resolves to meet Mike’s demands.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,600,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1999 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Sun 17th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st