Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th June 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Previous episode||7th June 1965|
|Next episode||14th June 1965|
Ena discovers she has a family in America that she never knew existed. Lucille prepares for her exams. Tom tells Ena he's come to take her to America to stay with her brother, also called Tom, who she hasn't seen for half a century. The residents snub Lionel after he is short with Ena. Ena tells Tom she will go to America.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- TV Times synopsis: In which the Street plans to go down and Ena plans to go up
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,840,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1965 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|