Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th October 1999 (Sunday)|
|Script editor||Pamela Woods|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Steve Hughes|
|Previous episode||22nd October 1999|
|Next episode||25th October 1999|
Sharon is happy having Ian back in her bed. Roy and Hayley long for an emergency situation to put their medical knowledge into practice. Spider and Toyah are nervous as Emily and Maud return from holiday. Emily knows immediately that her back room has been redecorated and is angry that Spider broke his word to her. Toyah takes the blame and shocks Emily by revealing that she and Spider have their own flat. Rita knows Sharon is seeing Ian again and is angry that she's lying to her, hiding the fact. Ian tells Sharon to stop worrying so much about their relationship and to just enjoy herself. She knows she's in love with him again.
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Doreen Heavey - Prunella Gee
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gwen Loveday - Annie Hulley
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Tom Ferguson - Tom Wisdom
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Roy's Rolls
- Flat 3, 6 Arnica Street - Bedsit
- This episode was broadcast at 8.00pm to allow for coverage of the Rugby World Cup.
- This was Jane Macnaught's first episode as producer.
- Although the title sequence remained substantially unchanged, from this episode onwards the writer and director credits appeared at the opening of the programme instead of with the remainder of the end credits. To accommodate this change the Coronation Street title caption was moved to the very start of the opening credits.
- TV Times synopsis: Emily returns to find Spider and Toyah have been decorating. Sharon and Ian’s relationship deepens.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,520,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1999 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Sun 17th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st