|ITV transmission date||15th March 2000 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Di Burrows|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Nick West|
|Previous episode||13th March 2000|
|Next episode||17th March 2000|
Nervous Sarah returns to school. Rebecca assures Martin she'll carry on waiting for him. Mark is annoyed to hear Mike and Linda have named the day. Sarah is called names at school and blames Candice for telling people. Candice proves her worth by sticking up for her. Geena gets sick of Les pestering her for racing tips and leads him on over another horse. Fred is triumphant to hear the body is a recent murder and not linked to his Grandfather. Audrey urges Gail not to make Sarah have the baby adopted, telling her of the pain she felt in giving Stephen Reid up. Janice asks Geena to put a stop to Les' gambling before he loses any more money. Mark and Linda are both horrified when Mike asks him to be his best man. Mark is forced to agree.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Sarah Louise Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Alison Webster - Naomi Radcliffe
- Mark Redman - Paul Fox
- Gwen Loveday - Annie Hulley
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Candice Stowe - Nikki Sanderson
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Detective Constable Weston - Carl Proctor
- Rebecca Hopkins - Jill Halfpenny
- Kirsten Grant - Vicky Connett
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridors
- Weatherfield General - Staffroom
- Final appearance of Thomas Ormson in the role of David Platt. When the character next appeared on 26th April 2000, the role was taken over by Jack P. Shepherd.
- This episode was scheduled to be transmitted at 9.45pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football however that programme overran and Coronation Street did not begin until 10.05pm.
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of Helen Worth in the role of Gail Platt.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike asks Mark to be his best man. Rumours spread about the murder investigation.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,230,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|March 2000 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st