|ITV transmission date||2nd April 2000 (Sunday)|
|Script editor||Di Burrows|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Nick West|
|Previous episode||31st March 2000|
|Next episode||3rd April 2000|
Curly is bemused when his car is again moved in the night and blocks the entrance to the shop. Vik tells Steve he's setting up his own mini-cab firm. Debs encourages Natalie to think of Tony as he was as a child, when he needed his mum. The police question Natalie over the last time she saw Tony. She has to admit they rowed and is stunned when the police know she gave him £4,000. Vinny is frustrated as Natalie won't let him comfort her. Gwen is uncomfortable when Janice questions her about her motives for moving in with Jim. She tries to convince her she wants the security. Natalie breaks down when the police question her about why she paid off Tony and if she blamed him for Des' death. Curly buys a clamp to put on his car. The residents think he's gone mad. Gail is surprised when Sarah takes it for granted that she'll bring up the baby for her. Gail tells her that her problems are only just starting. Gwen tells Jim she's going back to using her maiden name, "Davies". He is delighted, thinking she's making a great commitment to him.
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gwen Loveday - Annie Hulley
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Debs Brownlow - Gabrielle Glaister
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and Sarah's bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Geena Gregory (Jennifer James) is credited but doesn't appear.
- Transmission of this episode was delayed by ten minutes to 7.40pm due to an overrun of football coverage earlier in the day.
- TV Times synopsis: Mother's Day makes Sarah Lou think hard about the future and Gwen attempts to invent a new life with Jim.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,550,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 2000 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th