|ITV transmission date||14th July 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Previous episode||12th July 1965|
|Next episode||19th July 1965|
Elsie makes Dennis do the housework. David is annoyed when Irma goes dancing without him. He orders her not to do it again and she returns the ring. David makes Ken see he loves Irma. Dennis gets Sandra to do all the work at No.11. Albert decides to sell his coin collection. Lucille lands a temporary job in a factory for the holidays. David and Irma make up and get engaged again. Lionel grows tired of Sandra spending her time with Dennis and gives him a job at the shop. Albert is shocked to discover his collection is only worth £2 10/-.
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,970,000 homes (joint 1st place with 12th July 1965).
David Barlow (to Ken Barlow): "You're the same as the Ogdens underneath and you know it. You were born 'ere - Coronation Street - a two up an' two down terraced, with a backyard an' an outside lavatory. Our Dad was a postman an' our Mam was a cleaner in a hotel. Not much to be proud about in that is there"?
|July 1965 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|