Lucille gives her blessing to Harry and wants to be bridesmaid. Linda finds a pram she wants for £30. She cannot believe Elsie doesn't want maintenance from Arnold. Lucille goes on the Whit Walk in her new white dress. Jean decides to stay at No. 13 for a bit. Christine gets a letter from Joe begging her to return to him but she doesn't want to know. Ivan refuses to spend £30 on a pram. Len reminds Harry that Concepta is a Catholic and that he'll have to be converted to her faith.
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Although Westward Television was launched on Saturday 29th April, 1961, the station initially opted out of transmitting Coronation Street only joining the programme with Episode 48 on 29th May. The show was therefore not fully networked for the interim four-week period.
- TV Times: Every front door hides a story. Behind the front doors in Coronation Street are stories of excitement and joy, pathos and humour (This generic synopsis did not appear in all regional editions)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,007,000 homes (7th place).
|May 1961 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st