Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th May 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||22nd May 1961|
|Next episode||29th May 1961|
Lucille gives her blessing to Harry and wants to be bridesmaid. Linda finds a pram she wants for £30. She cannot believe Elsie doesn't want maintenance from Arnold. Lucille goes on the Whit Walk in her new white dress. Jean decides to stay at No. 13 for a bit. Christine gets a letter from Joe begging her to return to him but she doesn't want to know. Ivan refuses to spend £30 on a pram. Len reminds Harry that Concepta is a Catholic and that he'll have to be converted to her faith.
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Although Westward Television was launched on Saturday 29th April, 1961, the station initially opted out of transmitting Coronation Street only joining the programme with Episode 48 on 29th May. The show was therefore not fully networked for the interim four-week period.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,007,000 homes (7th place).
|May 1961 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st