Steve and Vik sign the lease on their new premises. Hayley feels she isn't hard enough to be a good supervisor. Dev's Aunt Maya comes out of retirement to start work in the shop. Martin promises Rebecca that one day everything will be sorted. She tells him she's decided to start divorcing Jerry so she's able to move on. She tells Martin she needs to be certain of the future. Debs invites Duggie for a meal, planning to seduce him. Jim and Gwen start to redecorate but he feels uncomfortable by the way she wants expensive paints and papers. Fred gets frustrated when people laugh at him for employing a vegetarian. He tells Ashley that unless he changes his views he can't be a butcher. After kissing passionately, Debs invites Duggie up to her bed but he chickens out and runs off.
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gwen Davies - Annie Hulley
- Duggie Ferguson - John Bowe
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Danny Hargreaves - Richard Standing
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Debs Brownlow - Gabrielle Glaister
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- 15 Victoria Street - Empty unit
- Weatherfield General - Corridor and staffroom
- First appearance of Spider Nugent since 1st January 2000.
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Charles Lawson in the role of Jim McDonald.
- TV Times synopsis: Duggie humiliates Debs, and Fred gives Ashley an ultimatum.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,830,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 2000 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th