Elsie considers applying for the job of manageress at the Laundryer but doesn't know how to tell Emily. The Walkers clash over Jack's bowls and Annie's Licenced Victualler's meeting. He refuses to let her go. Dennis hates his job and thinks about becoming a rep.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Howard Baker relinquished the producer's role for five weeks after this episode. H.V. Kershaw returned but this time credited as executive producer.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (joint 1st place with 19th July 1965).
|July 1965 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|