|ITV transmission date||26th July 1965 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| George Reed|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||21st July 1965|
|Next episode||28th July 1965|
Annie continues to be cool towards Jack. Stan starts brewing beer. Minnie is angry when she finds the Mission cleaner, Clara Midgeley, using Ena's china and shouts Clara down. Annie discovers fellow landlady Nellie Harvey has influence in the Licenced Victualler's and invites her to tea. Hilda discovers Stan's beer-making equipment in the yard. Len and Charlie buy themselves into the set up. Minnie makes up with Clara. Len reports that Elsie has started work at the Laundryer. Hilda unwittingly returns all Stan's bottles to the off licence for cash, and catches the men with the equipment.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and yard
- As Howard Baker took a five-week break from producer duties, H.V. Kershaw returned to the role but credited as executive producer. This was the first time that this role had been credited on the programme.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,270,000 homes (2nd place).
|July 1965 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|