|ITV transmission date||16th June 2000 (Friday)|
|Script editor||Di Burrows|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Nick West|
|Previous episode||14th June 2000|
|Next episode||18th June 2000|
Martin is amazed by Gail's calm attitude. Danny is amazed that he's confessed and Gail still wants him. Martin doesn't care what happens now Rebecca has gone. Gwen withdraws £35,000 from the bank, planning to go to London. She goes on a shopping spree and panics when someone steals her bag. Jim buys an engagement ring, planning to give it to Gwen during a romantic meal. Sally acts surprised when Gail tells her about Martin's affair. She's amazed Gail hasn't thrown him out. Gail feels that she can't start all over again without Martin. Gwen returns to work, telling everyone she was mugged at knifepoint. PC Woolfe calls on Jim and tell him that Gwen's handbag has been found containing £35,000 and her passport. Jim goes for Gwen, knowing she's only been after his money. Martin tells Gail he'll stay and pretend as much as possible that their marriage is normal. Jim throws Gwen out of the house.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gwen Davies - Annie Hulley
- Danny Hargreaves - Richard Standing
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ticket Seller - Peter Slater
- Store Assistant - Tara Daniels
- Security Guard - Tim Beasley
- PC Woolfe - Richard Hannant
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Roy's Rolls
- Piccadilly Station - Ticket office
- Department store, Manchester
- Final appearance of Annie Hulley as Gwen Davies.
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for coverage of Euro 2000 football.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim discovers the extent of Gwen's deceit, while Martin comes to a decision about his future with Gail.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,700,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 2000 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th