Gail struggles to stomach the children making a fuss of Martin on Father's Day. Sally invites Kevin round for a Father's Day barbecue. Kevin is stung when the girls draw him a picture of Alison and Jake as angels. He can't cope being around Danny and the girls and leaves early, upset that his family are happy with another man. Jim tells worried Janice all about Gwen's debts and how she tried to steal his money. Kevin shuts himself away in the garage and contemplates killing himself but realises he can't do it because of the girls. Sally tries her best to cheer him up but he feels that he's being paid back for hurting her and the girls. Gary urges Jim to get his money back from the police before Gwen tries to claim it. Audrey urges the Platts to put Neil Fearns' name on the birth certificate but Sarah is adamant he doesn't count. She announces the baby is now going to be called Bethany.
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mark Redman - Paul Fox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Danny Hargreaves - Richard Standing
- Sophie Webster - Emma Woodward
- Rosie Webster - Helen Flanagan
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- Coronation Street Garage
- This episode was transmitted at 8.00pm to allow for Grand Prix coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim faces up to life alone, while Kevin has a distressing Father's Day.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,870,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 2000 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Sun 18th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th