Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th July 2000 (Wednesday)|
|Script editor||Di Burrows|
|Story editor||Mariam Vossough|
|Story associates|| Nick West|
|Director||David Kester and Ian Bevitt|
|Previous episode||10th July 2000|
|Next episode||14th July 2000|
After a fall Celeste Pickersgill is unable to dance so Norris is forced to plead with Vera to be his partner again. Maria is cool towards Tyrone, thinking he doesn't really like her. He is certain she's the girl he's going to marry and doesn't want to rush sex as she's so special. Gary advises Tyrone to make a gesture to show her what she means to him. Linda tells Mark she can't cope with being away from him but he tells her one of them has to finish the affair and he's definitely going to Amsterdam. Spider offers to organise a belated party to celebrate Toyah and Leanne's eighteenth birthdays. Les decides to take over when he discovers her boss at Radio Weatherfield is going to attend. Tyrone proposes to a happy Maria at the top of Blackpool Tower and gives her a matching ring to his.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Billy Mallett - Lewis Ablett
- Becky Mallett - Megan Foster
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mark Redman - Paul Fox
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alma Halliwell - Amanda Barrie
- Spider Nugent - Martin Hancock
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Tommy Duckworth - Joseph Aston
- Paula Shipley - Joanne Rowden
- Warren Shipley - Dean Worswick
- Celeste Pickersgill - Joan Savage
- Grace Kershaw - Linda Jane Holmes
- Ernie Kershaw - Nigel Collins
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 12 Coronation Street - Hallway and living room
- The Kabin
- Roy's Rolls
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- Blackpool - Promenade, Tower Ballroom and Tower
- Hortons' residence, Blackpool - Kitchen and garden
- TV Times synopsis: Tyrone and Maria decide to tie the knot, while Mark reaches a decision about his future in Weatherfield.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,880,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|July 2000 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st