Jack prepares for the bowls final. Dennis tries all his jokes out on Elsie. As the smell of the beer becomes unbearable, Charlie worries that they've done wrong. Jerry returns and tells Len he's looking for work as the Blackburn job folded. Stan bottles the beer. Len refuses to feel sorry for Jerry. Jack wins the President's Cup. Jerry sleeps rough in the Builder's Yard.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lionel Petty - Edward Evans
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- First appearance of Jerry Booth since 21st April 1965.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 470 (14th June 1965) and Episode 499 (22nd September 1965).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,130,000 homes (3rd place).
|August 1965 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|